Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fear Blog

When I was little, my mom used to take my brother and I shopping all the time. My brother would always tease me about escalators at the mall. He said that if I didn't pick my feet up, that they would get sucked in, and I would be sucked into the ground. For a while I believed him. he would always try and scare me, trying to get me off the subject so I wouldn't notice when the end was coming up. My mom just laughed, but I though it was some scary stuff back then. Now - a - days I just laugh. I think that this can relate to The Lord of The Flies because they boys have no direction without adults there, and they have to fend for themselves. My mom eventually led me to believe that the escalators would not suck my feet in, so i felt more comfortable. The boys don't have anything like that. The beast in the story relates to the "escalator". But that's what I was scared about when I was little.

2 comments:

  1. Thats kind of funny.
    How old were you?
    I guess that'd be pretty scary if you were little.
    How did you overcome this fear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to think that too i would always jump over the silver part at the end when the step went flat.

    ReplyDelete